A special offer for Pact coffee customers
Try Delayed Gratification for just £1
Delayed Gratification is the world’s first Slow Journalism magazine. Filled with insightful long-form reporting, beautiful photo features and fascinating infographics, it’s a publication that returns to big stories after the dust has settled to tell the story of the quarter.
- Sign up for a quarterly print and digital subscription to Delayed Gratification and pay just £1 today (£4 for European deliveries and £6 for rest of world).
- We’ll post you the current issue straight away. You’ll also get instant access to our digital archive and discounts on all our live online classes.
- If you like the magazine, you don’t need to do anything – we’ll send a new issue to your door every three months and charge you £10 (£12 for Europe £13.75 rest of world) after you receive each one.
- If you don’t like it, no problem – just email us and we’ll cancel your subscription and take no further payments.
- You can also cancel your subscription with immediate effect at any point in the future.
Five reasons to subscribe
Be first to be ‘Last to breaking news’
Get the mag before everyone else, with a special subscribers-only cover, delivered anywhere in the world
Save 16% on the online single issue price
That’s 480 pages of in-depth, long-form journalism starting from just £40 a year (cost of buying four individual issues online = £48)
Learn to make infographics and magazines
We run regular online classes with discounts of up to 50 percent for subscribers
Full digital archive
Subscribers get unlimited access to digital editions including our full archive going back to 2010
Help us swim against the tide
Join us in taking a stand against the kneejerk reporting and short attention spans of the 24/7 news media
What our subscribers say
Oh yeah!! @dgquarterly is here and their perspective on the last quarter IS the one that gives the most clarity on the noise! Can’t wait to get into it – 8 days before #ananswertoeverything lands on the doormat. Cheers guys ❤️ pic.twitter.com/ktvL7p9op6
— Greg Barber (@InfamousGreggyG) October 20, 2021
First issue received today. Initial impressions…amazing how much news I have forgotten/not been aware of at the time. Smart graphics. Will not be a quick read. Glad arrived when on I’m holiday! @dgquarterly pic.twitter.com/Z66fajcMpm
— Heather Shearer (@hlshearer) October 19, 2021
— Jonty Fairless (@JontyFairless) October 20, 2021
@dgquarterly is my must read
— Michael Eppy (@Meppyldn) May 2, 2021
What the media say
A slower, more reflective type of journalism”
Jam-packed with information... a counterpoint to the speedy news feeds we've grown accustomed to”
A leisurely (and contrary) look backwards over the previous three months”
Quality, intelligence and inspiration: the trilogy that drives the makers of Delayed Gratification”
Refreshing... parries the rush of 24-hour news with 'slow journalism'”
A very cool magazine... It's like if Greenland Sharks made a newspaper”
The UK's second-best magazine” Ian Hislop
Editor, Private Eye
Perhaps we could all get used to this Delayed idea...”