LIVE ONLINE CLASS: How to launch an independent magazine
We will be running a live online class over Zoom on Wednesday 22nd July 2020 from 7pm-9pm to take you through the nuts and bolts of launching and running a successful independent magazine.
In this class you will…
- Learn how to turn your magazine idea into reality
- Find out how to identify a successful editorial niche
- Understand the nuts and bolts of commissioning writers and designers
- See how to pull together a winning subscription, distribution and marketing plan
- Discover how to survive and thrive beyond the first year
You will leave with a good insight into the independent publishing industry and a strong idea of how to set about launching an independent magazine.
The class, which is limited to a maximum of 15 people, will take place over Zoom from 7pm-9pm.
In January 2011 Rob Orchard and Marcus Webb launched Delayed Gratification, a quarterly news magazine that returns to big events after the dust has settled. They’ve condensed a decade of the lessons they’ve learned into this tip-filled two hour course.
Tickets cost £15+VAT for subscribers and £30+VAT for non-subscribers. We’ll ask for your delivery postcode to verify your subscription when you book your ticket.
Haven’t joined the Slow Journalism revolution yet? A one-year subscription to Delayed Gratification starts at just £36 and entitles you to big discounts on all our classes.
Slow Journalism in your inbox, plus infographics, offers and more: sign up for the DG newsletter. Sign me up
Thanks for signing up.